Heart disease is still the number one killer in our community. Coronary heart disease, hypertension, and stroke are still a major issue worldwide. According to a study made by the Registrar General of India and Indian Council of Medical Research, India is estimated to have 60% of heart disease patients worldwide in the near future.
Many visitors from India are unaware of developing heart disease until it’s too late. Most people don’t check for cholesterol levels, hypertension, and diabetes regularly. Unhealthy diet and lack of exercise plays a major factor in heart diseases when it comes to Indian community.
- – Age: Older people have more chances of getting heart diseases.
- – Heredity: You are more likely to get it if here’s a history of heart diseases in your family.
- – Other conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
What can you do to avoid these conditions?
- – Don’t smoke and avoid second hand smoke: Smoking tobacco increases the chance of getting different heart diseases.
- – Exercise: Physical activities are very important when it comes to staying in shape and prevent different diseases. It is recommended to exercise for at least 1 hour every day.
- – Diet: Stick to the balanced diet to get necessary nutrients and help your body build up the immune system to prevent different diseases. You should consider foods with low saturated fat, trans-fat, sodium, and cholesterol, and remember to include whole grains, vegetables, and fruits in your daily diet.
- – Keep an ideal weight: There is a higher chance of getting a heart disease if a person is overweight.
- – Regular checkups: Visit your doctor regularly to monitor your health. It is important to detect and maintain conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, and blood pressure to avoid heart complications.
What visitors traveling to USA, Canada, and Mexico should consider:
Most people have different heart conditions that they might not be aware of when traveling. Due to these statistics, it is important for visitors from India to get visitor health insurance coverage with pre-existing coverage in order to stay safe and get the coverage when needed. India Network Health Insurance provides reliable insurance coverage for visiting parent, temporary workers, international students, and more.n Though there are many plans on various web sites, India Network ACE Programs with pre-existing conditions coverage appears to be the only program to help you in case of a heart attack, stroke, brain hemorrhage, etc.
Recommended Visitor Health Insurance Plans:
ACE Network: This is a comprehensive plan that treats both new and pre-existing illnesses the same. ACE Network plan covers for 80 percent of medical expense, and the insured is responsible for the remaining 20 percent. This is a great plan for older people (50+ years), and people with pre-existing conditions. ACE Network plan uses a very broad definition of pre-existing conditions– pre-existing conditions are covered in the same way like new problems and accidents except they are subject to different deductible and different policy max.
ACE Premier is another option for people who are looking for pre-existing coverage and willing to take some risk. This is a fixed benefit plan and is more affordable to fit different budgets. This plan uses a very broad definition like network plan and pays for both pre-existing conditions and new problems using the same schedule of benefits.
Axis plan is another plan that provides pre-existing coverage. This is a fixed benefit with very limited coverage of up to $1000 for pre-existing conditions based on a very restrictive definition .. acute onset, a common definition used by industry in travel insurance market. Not recommended for any one with serious pre-ex conditions.
Heart diseases are still very common around the world. India Network Health Insurance provides reliable medical insurance to visitors from India and other countries. Visit our website for more information about our visitor health insurance plans.